Madmen Cocktail Party!!

Finally the time has arrived!! 
I have been wanting to throw a true 50's cocktail party since forever! Well maybe just the last 10 years anyway. You maybe wondering why the 50's well I just love some many things from that time period, the fashion, design and the party atmosphere. And this May we are going all out!! 
 For months I have been collecting era bar-ware and decor to make our home fit right in with the times. Hopefully all this preparation will provide a fabulous night!
 Surprisingly after telling many of my friends about the party some of them were not sure what was considered 50's attire! This obviously shocked me, I mean who doesn't know?! lol But luckily everyone one is familiar with the show "Mad Men" and that is exactly what I am looking for! So our place should look like a scene right out of the show : )




 And not only have I been collecting decor and dishes, I have been researching like crazy top notch cocktails that will knock our guest socks off and of course scream 1950's!
For some outfit inspiration for our guest here some famous faces from the time.
Marilyn Monroe
Frank Sinatra
Lucille Ball
Audrey Hepburn
Marilyn Monroe
Elvis Presley
Doris Day
James Dean
Marilyn Monroe in "The Seven Year Itch"
Elvis Presley
Elizabeth Taylor
James Dean
Frank Sinatra
Elizabeth Taylor
Ricky Nelson
 I can't wait til May!!